Monday, March 22, 2010

Augmented Reality - a new player or a fad?

Jut read about this today - www.usatoday.com/money/industries/travel/2010-03-22-realitytravel22_ST_N.htm

and I've heard more and more people talking about AR - plus I had found the Viz app and was going gaga thinking of the great ways I could use that in lessons - I mean AR could be a way to compromise on say dissection in biology and that's just one of millions of uses - for transmedia projects - ohhhhh the possibilities

I remember awhile back, how much I liked pop-up video on VH-1 - and now, with this boom, it is almost like making the world one big pop-up video..... it is exciting and scary how much potential there is - but... the question always remains - how to make this a valuable part of the classroom and not just a fad, or ooohh-ahh or toy....

And that is where the nitty-gritty comes in - making lesson plans that integrate this tech/concept in a day to day basis as opposed to a one-shot deal....

No comments:

Post a Comment